Re: why no native Oracle XE 11g for Mac OS X?

From: Tim Hall <tim_at_oracle-base.com>
Date: Sat, 17 Sep 2011 17:06:44 +0100

And exactly how many customers pick OS X when considering a new server?

Answer: Nobody... It is such an marginal OS on the server it doesn't even count.

I'm not being narky, but would you seriously waste money porting to an OS nobody is going to use? If they think it's worth canning support for all those Superdome servers out there, I can't see a sudden rush to support OS X. :)

Cheers

Tim...