Re: Oracle/Solaris

From: Rodd Holman <rodd.holman_at_gmail.com>
Date: Wed, 14 Sep 2011 08:39:25 -0500

What file system are you using? Could it be something in the zfs indexing. Since a standard ls works, and smaller directories work for sorted output, this sounds more like journaling or indexing. I'm not an SA, so there may be more technical ways to say this, but have them look at your file system settings and the indexing and journaling parameters on the server.