Re: Oracle/Solaris

From: Sanjay Mishra <smishra_97_at_yahoo.com>
Date: Tue, 13 Sep 2011 13:32:50 -0700 (PDT)

Another Update I found that if I am making call which is not sorting anything then it works fast on OS like simple ls command while ls -ltr or ls *.sql are really hang.

Anybody saw such issue

TIA
Sanjay

From: Sanjay Mishra <smishra_97_at_yahoo.com> To: "oracle-l_at_freelists.org" <oracle-l_at_freelists.org> Sent: Tuesday, September 13, 2011 3:56 PM Subject: Oracle/Solaris

i had one big OLTP environment running on Solaris 10 with 256G RAM and 30+ CPU. There are sometime in a day when all OS command are totally freezed. Even ls command take several minute. CPU was showing more than 60% idle. If I am connected to database, then call to check Db like locks or other query works fine. What can be the issue to be checked more closely. Also Application trying to connect from outside are affected. TIA
Sanjay

http://www.freelists.org/webpage/oracle-l Received on Tue Sep 13 2011 - 15:32:50 CDT

Original text of this message