Re: Shared storage required for snapshot control file in 11.2.0.2 RAC - RMAN

From: Andy Klock <andy_at_oracledepot.com>
Date: Mon, 12 Sep 2011 18:11:01 -0400

I happen to like putting them on ASM since you can cut out the NFS requirement on all of your RAC nodes. This change will also need to be configured for your autobackup:
CONFIGURE CONTROLFILE AUTOBACKUP FORMAT FOR DEVICE TYPE DISK TO '+RECO/ORC1/%F'; If you need to copy those files to a local file system you can use either dbms_file_transfer.copy_file for the snapshot or using rman backup backupsetfor the autobackups.

Andy