Oracle Failover/Switchover and Streams

From: hitender chugh <chughhk_at_hotmail.com>
Date: Thu, 8 Sep 2011 21:55:44 -0400

We have this Setup
Production Database ----Dataguard ---> Physical Standby Production Database ----Streams ---> Reporting Database ----- Dataguard ----> Physical Standby for Reporting database

The Production database has Physical Standby database and also from Production database we have schema level Streams configured to another database for Reporting. Now in case of Switchover/Failover situation to Standby will Streams work automatically( or with minimum steps) with Reporting database or we have to configure Streams again from New Primary database to Reporting database from scratch .i.e. do streams setup and export/import for both databases. The two scenarios are listed as below:-
1) In case of Switchover from Production to Standby Physical database will streams work seamlessly from New Primary database (old Standby) to Reporting database or we have to do the setup of Streams again from New Production to Reports database. i.e. what will be steps involved for this?

2) Same question as above in case of Failover to Standby database of Production how will the Streams work from New Primary to Reporting database?

Thanks
Hiten