Active data guard NOT change to appluing_log until primary DB switch log file???

From: dba1 mcc <mccdba1_at_yahoo.com>
Date: Wed, 7 Sep 2011 07:29:14 -0700 (PDT)

we have ORACLE 11G (11.1.0.7) on LINUX server. What we use is "active data guard". Our problem is when we switch to "active data guard", standby database always on "wait_for_gap". We need switch log on Primary database then Standby database will immediate change to "APPLYING_LOG".

Any ideal?

Thanks.

SQL> alter database recover managed standby database using current logfile disconnect;

Database altered.

SQL> select 'Using Active Data Guard' adg from v$managed_standby M, v$database D where M.process like 'MRP%' and D.open_mode ='READ ONLY';

ADG

Using Active Data Guard

SQL> Select process, status, sequence#, block#, blocks, delay_mins from v$managed_standby;

PROCESS STATUS SEQUENCE# BLOCK# BLOCKS DELAY_MINS
--------- ------------ ---------- ---------- ---------- ----------

ARCH      CONNECTED             0          0          0          0
ARCH      CONNECTED             0          0          0          0
ARCH      CONNECTED             0          0          0          0
ARCH      CONNECTED             0          0          0          0
RFS       IDLE                  0          0          0          0
RFS       IDLE                  0          0          0          0
MRP0      WAIT_FOR_GAP        113          0          0          0

7 rows selected.

SQL> select * from v$archive_gap;

no rows selected

SQL> SELECT max(sequence#) from v$archived_log where applied='YES';

MAX(SEQUENCE#)

           112

  • Primary database switch log file

SQL> Select process, status, sequence#, block#, blocks, delay_mins from v$managed_standby;

PROCESS STATUS SEQUENCE# BLOCK# BLOCKS DELAY_MINS
--------- ------------ ---------- ---------- ---------- ----------

ARCH      CONNECTED             0          0          0          0
ARCH      CONNECTED             0          0          0          0
ARCH      CLOSING             113      49153        539          0
ARCH      CONNECTED             0          0          0          0
RFS       IDLE                  0          0          0          0
RFS       IDLE                  0          0          0          0
MRP0      APPLYING_LOG        114          5     204800          0
RFS       IDLE                114          6          1          0

8 rows selected.

--

http://www.freelists.org/webpage/oracle-l Received on Wed Sep 07 2011 - 09:29:14 CDT

Original text of this message