ADMINISTRIVIA: Odd message in your email, "post needs approval"....

From: Bobak, Mark <Mark.Bobak_at_proquest.com>
Date: Tue, 6 Sep 2011 17:33:32 -0400

Hi All,
Just a quick message from your friendly Oracle-L admin.

There is a variety of reasons that a post will be caught by freelists.org and sent to a moderator, rather than showing up in Oracle-L as posted. The two most common are over-quoting and message size too large.

When a post is moderated, it is forwarded to a special address, rather than going to Oracle-L, and ends up in my and Steve's inboxes. We can decide what to do about it. More often than not, I'll just forward it on, and it will be approved and posted, and the posted message will get translated and look like it was never moderated in the first place.

In order to do that, I usually forward the email to a special address, which then will re-write the message and it will appear on the Oracle-L list as a normal mail, as if it were never moderated.

However, earlier today, when I was processing one of the moderated messages, I inadvertently sent it directly to Oracle-L, rather than the special address for moderated posts that have been approved.

So, that's the reason for the strange looking email in your Oracle-L feed today.

My bad!

I'm hoping this will help curb the inevitable avalanche of "what's this" emails from people looking at that odd looking email.....but I'm not optimistic... :)

Thanks,

-Mark

Mark J Bobak
Oracle-L Admin