RE: testing recovery

From: Zelli, Brian <Brian.Zelli_at_RoswellPark.org>
Date: Tue, 6 Sep 2011 15:15:47 -0400

Yes, my last job only required once a quarter restores to satisfy SOX. But we were able to drop in a sandbox, or new dev or something like that. Here we have minimal hardware and space, ciao,
Brian

From: Andrew Kerber [mailto:andrew.kerber_at_gmail.com] Sent: Tuesday, September 06, 2011 2:45 PM To: Chris.Stephens_at_adm.com
Cc: Zelli, Brian; oracle-l_at_freelists.org Subject: Re: testing recovery

I dont have a specific schedule, but when I do a restore I make note of it, and since so far I have had at least one restore per quarter, I have met the management requirement.

On Tue, Sep 6, 2011 at 1:37 PM, Stephens, Chris <Chris.Stephens_at_adm.com<mailto:Chris.Stephens_at_adm.com>> wrote: If you don't actually want to restore your database or clone it to a previous point in time to a different server, RMAN validate backup + restore preview functionality might satisfy management's requests.

Chris