Anyone using a 64-bit APP with a 32-bit Oracle Client?

From: Taylor, Chris David <ChrisDavid.Taylor_at_ingrambarge.com>
Date: Thu, 1 Sep 2011 15:24:34 -0500

Oracle note 1151394.1 says
"The 32-bit Oracle client does not contain any 64-bit components. You must install a 64-bit client, which can be found on Technet under "Microsoft Windows (x64)"."

Is that always true though? For example, the SQL Developer 64-bit version from Oracle runs with my 32-bit client libraries though it may be doing something different since it uses Java.

I was trying to find a 64-bit app that had database connectivity to test some scenarios but I can't easily locate one.

Chris Taylor
Sr. Oracle DBA
Ingram Barge Company
Nashville, TN 37205
Office: 615-517-3355
Cell: 615-663-1673
Email: chris.taylor_at_ingrambarge.com<mailto:chris.taylor_at_ingrambarge.com>

CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE: This e-mail and any attachments are confidential and may also be privileged. If you are not the named recipient, please notify the sender immediately and delete the contents of this message without disclosing the contents to anyone, using them for any purpose, or storing or copying the information on any medium.