Re: Oracle DR Solution

From: Gaja Krishna Vaidyanatha <gajav_at_yahoo.com>
Date: Wed, 31 Aug 2011 14:37:31 -0700

All,

The first sentence in the second paragraph should read as follows:

  • WIth Extended RAC, there is the issue of distance and thus I would classify RAC as an optimal "intra-data center HA" (within the same data center) option.

Cheers,

Gaja

Gaja Krishna Vaidyanatha,
CEO & Founder, DBPerfMan LLC
http://www.dbperfman.com
Phone - 001-650-743-6060
Co-author:Oracle Insights:Tales of the Oak Table - http://www.apress.com/book/bookDisplay.html?bID=314 Co-author:Oracle Performance Tuning 101 - http://www.amazon.com/gp/reader/0072131454/ref=sib_dp_pt/102-6130796-4625766