Filesystem for Archive logs in RAC

From: Anurag Verma <anuragdba_at_gmail.com>
Date: Wed, 31 Aug 2011 13:47:54 -0700

I am in the process of configuring 11gR2 RAC on Solaris. We are going to use ASM for shared storage for database files. For Archive log files, we are going to put them in filesystem. So in order to put the files in the filesystem, can you mount the same filesystem (from SAN) on both RAC nodes same time, so that RAC instances can write the archive logs in to the same directory? How you guys have done at your setup?

Did you with filesystem for archive logs ? If yes, how did you do that?

I remember when I worked at one of my previous company, they were using NetApp filers and we were using
filesystem for archive logs. Dont remember exactly how the storage admin did that.

--

Anurag Verma,
Database Administrator

--