Re: standby reinstate failed: other options

From: <Laimutis.Nedzinskas_at_seb.lt>
Date: Tue, 30 Aug 2011 11:45:22 +0300

>If you are using 11g ASM - cp command in asmcmd is your friend

I knew it! SQL and rman alone is not enough to replace file system commands. Even if it is a close call...
But when dealing with restore and recovery (which includes a data guard too) cp is something you need.

Thank you,
Laimis N.,

  From:       Marcin Przepiorowski <pioro1_at_gmail.com>

  To:         Laimutis.Nedzinskas_at_seb.lt

  Cc:         oracle-l_at_freelists.org

  Date:       2011.08.30 11:21

  Subject:    Re: standby reinstate failed: other options

On Tue, Aug 30, 2011 at 6:11 AM, <Laimutis.Nedzinskas_at_seb.lt> wrote:
>>Now if you did a "failover" and not a switchover, sometimes a reinstate
> Actually, it worked the fifth time too after I quickly re-learned the old
> good habbit to copy redo logs aside before messing with db.
> btw, how is that accomplishable in ASM?

Hi

If you are using 11g ASM - cp command in asmcmd is your friend

regards,

--
Marcin Przepiorowski
http://oracleprof.blogspot.com