RMAN

From: mek s <sidi.bouzid.meknessy_at_gmail.com>
Date: Fri, 26 Aug 2011 10:10:23 +0200

Hello,

Database : 11gR2

I was recently provided an access to a new database, because users are complaining of poor perfromance.
During my monitoring of this database, and using statspack report (because we don't have licensed diagnostics pack), I have seen both RMAN and Datapump processes running together during peak hours. So I asked the DBA , if she's scheduling RMAN and datapump together?

She replied that she knows nothing about these datapump processes and that could be RMAN who is using (“ Module: Data Pump Worker”) ! I never read that before in the Oracle documentation! Is it correct that RMAN utility can use Data Pump Workers??! I know That RMAN must access to V$ and GV$ views to extract some information useful for backup process BUT, is RMAN using Data Pump Workers for that?

Thank you,