Re: High Temp Usage - need help to do findings

From: Kellyn Pot'Vin <kellyn.potvin_at_ymail.com>
Date: Thu, 25 Aug 2011 07:17:32 -0600

Explain plan? Can you provide one with temp usage estimates, ( if you aren't sure how, feel free to email me, I'll be glad to help...) Kellyn Pot'Vin
Sr Database Adminstrator and Developer
Dbakevlar.com

Sent from T-Mobile G2 with Google

"Shastry(DBA)" <shastry17_at_gmail.com> wrote:

>Hi All,
>I am having the below query running on one of my prod instance and consuming
>8GB of temp space and failing sometimes. Would you please help and suggest
>some approach to find why its consuming so much of TEMP usage?
>

>CREATE TABLE /*+APPEND PARALLEL(8, 4) */ COOKINGS_W_264_c
>
> TABLESPACE taxdata PARALLEL (DEGREE 8 INSTANCES 4)
>
> COMPRESS FOR ALL OPERATIONS AS SELECT /*+ APPEND
>
> PARALLEL(v, 8, 4)*/ v.* FROM vw_COOKINGS_W v WHER
>
>E comparison_basis = 'Current' AND v.fiscal_month_key =
>
>264
>

>Thanks,
>
>Ann

†Ûiÿü0ÁúÞzX¬¶Ê+ƒün– {ú+iÉ^ Received on Thu Aug 25 2011 - 08:17:32 CDT

Original text of this message