Re: Choose a virtualization method

From: Marcin Przepiorowski <pioro1_at_gmail.com>
Date: Thu, 25 Aug 2011 12:01:46 +0100

On Wed, Aug 24, 2011 at 4:58 PM, Grzegorz Goryszewski <grzegorzof_at_interia.pl> wrote:
> Hi,
>  finally got some pc trash working, which is
> Quad core 2 Q6600 , 8GB RAM, 2x 1TB 7200 64MB cache SATA2 Disks.
> Wondering which virtualization method to choose:

I'm using VirtualBox for run 4 node cluster plus SunStorage 7000. I was thinking about Xen but had a issue with CentOS (and I don't like SuSE). Other option was VMWare server but version 2.0 is not a best one - I'm more familiar with VMWare but VirtualBox work perfectly well for me now
and I have to say that it is much easier to manage it using ssh connection only.

BTW you should think about upgrade your memory to 16 GB.

--
Marcin Przepiorowski
http://oracleprof.blogspot.com