RE: A basic RAC question.. need a quick reply

From: Amaral, Rui <Rui.Amaral_at_tdsecurities.com>
Date: Wed, 24 Aug 2011 11:42:14 -0400

6 node prod to 6 node DG. Played with more but with a standard infrastructure (ie, no dark fibre or infiniband) we began experiencing latency issues with a larger number of nodes. But again that was just us ;-p

Rui Amaral
Database Administrator
ITS - SSG
TD Bank Financial Group
220 Bay St., 11th Floor
Toronto, ON, CA, M5K1A2
(bb) (647) 204-9106

From: oracle-l-bounce_at_freelists.org [mailto:oracle-l-bounce_at_freelists.org] On Behalf Of Ram Srinivasan Sent: Wednesday, August 24, 2011 11:35 AM To: Freek.DHooge_at_uptime.be
Cc: Saad Khan; oracle-l_at_freelists.org Subject: Re: A basic RAC question.. need a quick reply

We have a 5-node cluster. THis is the max we have.

Ram Srinivasan

On Wed, Aug 24, 2011 at 11:32 AM, D'Hooge Freek <Freek.DHooge_at_uptime.be<mailto:Freek.DHooge_at_uptime.be>> wrote: No, in 10g you need to list the addresses of all the cluster nodes. But really, this should not become a problem as you will never have that many cluster nodes.

Maybe we can do a little poll here on the list:

What is the maximum number of cluster nodes you have in your RAC?

Regards,

Freek D'Hooge
Uptime
Oracle Database Administrator
email: freek.dhooge_at_uptime.be<mailto:freek.dhooge_at_uptime.be> tel +32(0)3 451 23 82<tel:%2B32%280%293%20451%2023%2082> http://www.uptime.be<http://www.uptime.be/> disclaimer: www.uptime.be/disclaimer<http://www.uptime.be/disclaimer>
---

From: Saad Khan [mailto:saad4u_at_gmail.com<mailto:saad4u_at_gmail.com>] Sent: woensdag 24 augustus 2011 16:52
To: D'Hooge Freek
Cc: oracle-l_at_freelists.org<mailto:oracle-l_at_freelists.org> Subject: Re: A basic RAC question.. need a quick reply

Thanks guyz. Is there any option in Oracle 10g as well??

Sincerely
Ram Srinivasan

NOTICE: Confidential message which may be privileged. Unauthorized use/disclosure prohibited. If received in error, please go to www.td.com/legal for instructions. AVIS : Message confidentiel dont le contenu peut être privilégié. Utilisation/divulgation interdites sans permission. Si reçu par erreur, prière d'aller au www.td.com/francais/avis_juridique pour des instructions.

--

http://www.freelists.org/webpage/oracle-l Received on Wed Aug 24 2011 - 10:42:14 CDT

Original text of this message