Re: Performance queries

From: Wolfgang Breitling <breitliw_at_centrexcc.com>
Date: Wed, 24 Aug 2011 08:39:35 -0600

Kyle had to stop working on Ashmon when he joined Embarcadero. Fortunately he could show/prove that he did not touch it once he started working for Embarcadero, else they would have claimed it as their property. You can download it from http://www.perfvision.com/ashmon.php. Marcin Przepiorowski has made changes to Kyle's original V2 ( dated 2008-03-30 ) as V2.1 and V2.2 and posted those on the Ashmasters site http://ashmasters.com/ash-simulation/ I have made extensive modifications as well and use it at two client sites. I have not published my modifications. Firstly because I am still not done with it ( I am afraid it will be a "work in progress" forever ) and when I contemplated posting what I had done, Marcin had posted V2.2 which, if I'm not mistaken is a 180˚ departure ( the repository polls the targets rather than the targets sending data to the repository ) and I did not want to confuse the situation by posting a 2.3 or 3.1 version which reverses that again. If anyone is interested in "my" version contact me by e-mail. I shall present about Ashmon and my experiences with it at the UKOUG conference.

To answer Niall's question, Yes, it supports 9i although I do not have any experience with it on 9i.