Re: Analyze and 11g

From: <TESTAJ3_at_nationwide.com>
Date: Tue, 23 Aug 2011 12:38:45 -0400

Well it could have been when he(Mladen) and I were thrown off the list a few years ago for:
  1. pi$$sing off the admin 2. messing too much with the newbies(anyone remember the "undocumented" init.ora file called _make_sql_run_faster ??)

One of the noobs set it and then the db wouldn't come up, so we got smacked off the list for that shenanigan.

From:
Gus Spier <gus.spier_at_gmail.com>
To:
Chris.Stephens_at_adm.com
Cc:
"pdba1966_at_hotmail.com" <pdba1966_at_hotmail.com>, "oracle-l_at_freelists.org"
<oracle-l_at_freelists.org>

Date:
08/23/2011 12:30 PM
Re: Analyze and 11g
Sent by:
oracle-l-bounce_at_freelists.org

Mladen has taken up new residence in comp.databases.oracle.server .. I get the impression he became disenchanted with oracle-L.

Just as brilliant as ever he was, though.

Friendly regards,
Gus

On Tue, Aug 23, 2011 at 11:59 AM, Stephens, Chris <Chris.Stephens_at_adm.com> wrote:
That is a very odd question to ask. Use for what? If to gather database statistics (for the entire database in one go) then yes, I still use dbms_stats.gather_database_stats.

There are many potential drawbacks, at least one for each piece of SQL executed in the database.

Whatever happened to Mladen Golgala? (sp?)

Chris