A basic RAC question.. need a quick reply

From: Saad Khan <saad4u_at_gmail.com>
Date: Tue, 23 Aug 2011 12:38:12 -0400

 Hi,

I'm new to RAC, and have a basic question. I'll appreciate if someone can help.

We have got a requirement from a customer to have support for Oracle RAC. I need some help on this.

In our product we basically read the DB URL connection string, parse it to get the required things done.

For clustered environment like Oracle RAC setup, one of the db URL connection string for two node environment is as listed below:

jdbc:oracle:thin:_at_(DESCRIPTION=(LOAD_BALANCE=on)
(ADDRESS=(PROTOCOL=TCP)(HOST=IP1)(PORT=P1))

(ADDRESS=(PROTOCOL=TCP)
(HOST=IP2)(PORT=P2))(CONNECT_DATA=(SERVICE_NAME=RAC.WORLD)))
If the supported nodes in the environment are more than two say for example 50 nodes then it will be weird to have all the nodes listed in the connection URL. Is there any other way we can represent the connection URL.

Thanks in advance.

Sid.