RE: Is this hardware issue?

From: D'Hooge Freek <Freek.DHooge_at_uptime.be>
Date: Tue, 23 Aug 2011 02:41:14 +0200

Hi,

Do both environments use direct io and or async io?

How much physical io is done by this query?

You said you did a sql trace on the session and that you noticed the time spend on the "db file sequential read" event was higher. Do you mean that you see a higher elapsed time for this event then with the old environment? Are the occurrences of the "db file sequential read" event always taking the same time of do you see large fluctuations? You can use orasrp to generate a histogram of the events (http://www.oracledba.ru/orasrp)

Does scattered reads also take longer on the new environment then on the old?

Regards,

Freek D'Hooge
Uptime
Oracle Database Administrator