data masking

From: kyle Hailey <kylelf_at_gmail.com>
Date: Fri, 19 Aug 2011 09:59:32 -0700

I'm looking for feedback on data masking products. By data masking, I mean data obfuscation so that sensitive data can be innaccessible on development and QA copies of the production databases.

The data masking thread has come up a few times on Oracle-L over the years but I haven't seen much in the way of recommendations. As far as options go there is

just yesterday I went to a presentation at NOCOUG by

and previously mentioned on Oracle-L are

My unsubstantiated guess, having worked at Oracle for 13 years, several of those years in the OEM group, is that Oracle's approach to data masking will be expensive, inefficiently complex , pretty buggy not to mention missing some key functionality. Oracle can get away with a lot given it's marketing presence.
I hear most talk in the industry about IBM Optim. The presentation from Axis at NoCOUG was good and they seem to understand the domain well.
The other options I know nothing about.

Has anyone used any of these products and/or have any feedback on them?

Thanks
Kyle