Re: code to load tracefile into CLOB?

From: Jeremy Schneider <jeremy.schneider_at_ardentperf.com>
Date: Tue, 16 Aug 2011 20:56:24 -0500

Hm... I could definitely see some perks to using an external table. It would be a lot easier to export this to a file on their own machine... simpler all-around...

Only additional wrinkle is that this is not just one tracefile, but lots and lots of tracefiles. Anytime they enable 10046 on a session, I want them to get their tracefile. A block of code that dynamically creates a bunch of external tables would do it, one for each trace file... but we have a lot of files and I'd rather not create so many objects. Maybe if there was just one external table, and I had a block of code that just redefined that external table to point to whichever trace file they need... the many developers here would just have to coordinate. Or perhaps I could make it like DBMS_STATS where they can point it to any table, create one in their own schema that they just re-use, like the PLAN_TABLE. But to my original question, I guess nobody already has this block of code already written? Suppose I'll have to actually go and write it? Oh well. :)

-Jeremy

--
http://www.ardentperf.com
+1 312-725-9249