changing the oracle home

From: ed lewis <eglewis71_at_gmail.com>
Date: Sun, 14 Aug 2011 11:59:03 -0400

Hello,

    I would to change our current oracle home. This oracle home is shared by ASM, and the RDBMS, and is not a clustered environment.

    I was thinking of using a cloning procecure, create a new oracle directory path, copy the software there, and invoke oinstall.

    I was also thinking of doing a variation of the cloning process, and change the directory structure to the new oracle home, then run oinstall. This will be done on the existing oracle home. Never tried this technique.

    I would think with either situation I would need to modify the asm home with srvctl.

    Any other suggestions are welcome. thanks.

ed

oracle 10.2.0.4, asm 10.2.0.4

solaris 5.10