Install 11gR1 on 64-bit Windows 7

From: Yong Huang <yong321_at_yahoo.com>
Date: Fri, 12 Aug 2011 14:44:06 -0700 (PDT)

I'm trying to install 64-bit 11gR1 database software on 64-bit Windows 7. I know it's not certified according to Note:952302.1. But I'm curious why it fails. Regardless whether I set setup.exe to older compatibility and Run As Administrator, once the OUI is launched (javaw.exe process is started) and I click the Next button, the screen disappears and javaw.exe process exits. There's nothing logged at

C:\Users\<username>\AppData\Local\Temp\OraInstall<timstamp>

The .err and .out files are empty. Any suggestion? Thanks.

Yong Huang