_spin_count

From: Николаев Андрей Серапионович <Andrey.Nikolaev_at_rdtex.ru>
Date: Thu, 11 Aug 2011 17:42:45 +0400 (MSD)

Hello!

>I saw we have _spin_count set and was looking at
>http://andreynikolaev.wordpress.com/2011/01/18/spin-tales-part-3-non-standard-latch-classes-in-oracle-9-2-11g/#more-1190
>suggesting
>* When you set _SPIN_COUNT parameter in initialization file, do
not forget
>to fix the value of _LATCH_CLASS_0="20000" also. Otherwise spin for
exclusive
>latches may be greatly affected by next instance restart.

This suggestion concerned spin count tuning for shared latches.

What is your primary problem?
Is it concerns only shared latches?

Can you post "Top 5 events" from AWR report?

What value you choose for _SPIN_COUNT ?

>ORA-04043: object x$ksllt does not exist

The script latch_stats_10g.sql not works for 11g.

Oracle divided x$ksllt in 11g into two separate fixed tables x$kslltr_children and x$kslltr_parent

Regards
Andrey