Re: Datapump export, incremential only?

From: Guillermo Alan Bort <cicciuxdba_at_gmail.com>
Date: Wed, 10 Aug 2011 20:40:29 -0300

I have only one question: do you expect this dapump dumps to be your database backup? if so, please think again.

If you are using DP Exports to have "snapshots" of the database, might I suggest taking a look at flashback?

Also, if you are actually worried that this will come back and bite you, why not attempting to recover the database from this "backup" (and I use the term loosely), that way you can have a documentation of what will be required and you won't have to struggle with parameters and stuff during an actual recovery situation. We call this a DRE (Disaster Recovery Excercise).

hth
Alan.-