Re: Wow - has anyone used ROW_NUMBER() to get around using a UNION statement when UNION ALL doesn't work??

From: Taylor, Chris David <ChrisDavid.Taylor_at_ingrambarge.com>
Date: Fri, 5 Aug 2011 18:50:57 -0500

Greg, I didn't want to include all that in a general discussion on the list. I've got the plans, trace files and the tkprof outputs.

I wanted to gauge interest primarily. Wolfgang, as an example, asked about HASH GROUP BYs. I'm not trying to solve a problem as much as discuss an interesting idea. So I wasn't sure what people might want to see AND not see.

Sent from my mobile device. Please ignore any typos or misspellings.