Low CPU time, no Wait time but high elapsed time

From: LS Cheng <exriscer_at_gmail.com>
Date: Fri, 5 Aug 2011 07:38:35 +0200

Hi

The other day while I was troubleshooting with 10046 some RMAN resync issues with the catalog (was taking very long time) I noticed that insert and update statements were taking extremely long time, one second per execution more or less. The 10046 trace for the RMAN catalog database session showed cpu time 10000 microseconds, no waits and elapsed around 1200000 microseconds. This is 10.2.0.5 running on AIX.

I did some research and couldnt find any good reason.

Anyone come across with this sort of issue?

Thanks!

--

LSC
--