RE: need some help with a bug

From: Michael McMullen <ganstadba_at_hotmail.com>
Date: Wed, 3 Aug 2011 12:06:51 -0400

I remember this bug as being around for a while. I don’t think it occurs if objects are explicitly referenced by owner.object ie. owner.table

From: oracle-l-bounce_at_freelists.org [mailto:oracle-l-bounce_at_freelists.org] On Behalf Of Andrew Kerber Sent: Wednesday, August 03, 2011 11:52 AM To: ORACLE-L
Subject: need some help with a bug

We are getting hit in 11.2.0.2 on Sun-sparc 64 with behavior that appears to be caused by a bug that was supposed to have been fixed in 11.2.0.2. The bug is described below. Bug number is 9577583. Has anyone seen this or have a work around? Right now we are flushing our shared pool about every 5 minutes to work around it. We have a sev 1 sr open with Oracle, but this is the third day with no solution from them so far.

Description

ORA-942, or other unexpected errors, can occur when running in a setup where multiple schemas have identical objects and users are only expected to access objects in their own schemas.

The problem can cause a SQL built for a given user to incorrectly have dependency / translation / access table entries for other users objects:

  • If there is no permission on those objects then various errors can occur.
  • If the current user does have permission on those objects then SQL may execute using objects from the wrong schema leading to wrong results or logical data corruption.

This problem can also lead to various dumps when executing PLSQL especially when the PLSQL is executed from RMAN or Internal Errors due to memory corruptions.

Rediscovery Notes:
  A library_cache dump of the problem cursor shows that the child   cursor has incorrect entries in the dependency table.