Source Control for DB objects

From: Jeff Chirco <JChirco_at_innout.com>
Date: Mon, 1 Aug 2011 21:08:25 +0000

What is everybody using as a source control for your packages/procedures/functions etc...? And how do you have it configure/setup? We are currently using Microsoft Visual Source Safe and it works ok but I would like to see if there is a different way or something better. I create a different Project for each schema and put all packages/procedures/functions etc... inside that project and then we check out the individual package when needed. I would also like to see if there is something different that could handle multiple check outs by different users. I know this could get messy.