E-business Concmgr goes down due to database crash

From: Sanjeev M <sanjeevorcle_at_gmail.com>
Date: Mon, 1 Aug 2011 11:12:00 -0700

Gurus,

We have oracle e-business environment and when concurrent manager goes either due to database or concmgr host outage, my understanding is whatever jobs that were running at that time of failure get erorred and when outage is over and when we(or FNDREVIVER) start concurrent manager it picks up jobs based on their next schedule run time. I am just wondering if you guys at any time had to inform users on what jobs have failed when ConcMgr went down? Do you have any useful queries( on fnd_concurrent_requests) I am thinking on getting all requests between outage window irrespective of their phase/status code(As db session might not have got a chance to update it when db crash abruptly during outage window). Our mgmt wants us to send this email to users about their job failures. I guess there should be better way for users to check this also. Please let me know if any of the apps dba's out there are doing this.

Regards,
Sanjeev.