RE: removing an object from obj$

From: Taylor, Chris David <ChrisDavid.Taylor_at_ingrambarge.com>
Date: Mon, 1 Aug 2011 10:46:05 -0500

Could you try recreating the objects so that all objects and references in XDB are valid?

Chris Taylor
Sr. Oracle DBA
Ingram Barge Company
Nashville, TN 37205
Office: 615-517-3355
Cell: 615-663-1673
Email: chris.taylor_at_ingrambarge.com

CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE: This e-mail and any attachments are confidential and may also be privileged. If you are not the named recipient, please notify the sender immediately and delete the contents of this message without disclosing the contents to anyone, using them for any purpose, or storing or copying the information on any medium.

From: oracle-l-bounce_at_freelists.org
[mailto:oracle-l-bounce_at_freelists.org] On Behalf Of Sheehan, Jeremy Sent: Monday, August 01, 2011 10:36 AM
To: oracle-l_at_freelists.org
Subject: removing an object from obj$

Hello gurus!

My supervisor tasked me to figure out how to remove an invalid object in the database. it's an XML (XDB owned) object and I've used dbms_xmlschema.deleteSchema() to remove the object, but a reference still exists in obj$ and it has a status of 5 (invalid).

Oracle support said to do this .....

delete from obj$ where name=....;

My question is this. Has anyone tried this before? Support said that it's risky and there is the possibility of db corruption.

I'm running 9.2.0.8 on AIX.

TIA! Jeremy

This e-mail, including attachments, may include confidential and/or proprietary information, and may be used only by the person or entity to which it is addressed. If the reader of this e-mail is not the intended recipient or his or her authorized agent, the reader is hereby notified that any dissemination, distribution or copying of this e-mail is prohibited. If you have received this e-mail in error, please notify the sender by replying to this message and delete this e-mail immediately.

http://www.freelists.org/webpage/oracle-l Received on Mon Aug 01 2011 - 10:46:05 CDT

Original text of this message