RE: removing an object from obj$

From: Sheehan, Jeremy <JEREMY.SHEEHAN_at_nexteraenergy.com>
Date: Mon, 1 Aug 2011 11:44:18 -0400

He wants a clean database. We're upgrading soon to 11g and he wants it pristine.

Jeremy

From: oracle-l-bounce_at_freelists.org
[mailto:oracle-l-bounce_at_freelists.org] On Behalf Of Sheehan, Jeremy Sent: Monday, August 01, 2011 10:36 AM
To: oracle-l_at_freelists.org
Subject: removing an object from obj$

Hello gurus!

My supervisor tasked me to figure out how to remove an invalid object in the database. it's an XML (XDB owned) object and I've used dbms_xmlschema.deleteSchema() to remove the object, but a reference still exists in obj$ and it has a status of 5 (invalid).

Oracle support said to do this .....

delete from obj$ where name=....;

My question is this. Has anyone tried this before? Support said that it's risky and there is the possibility of db corruption.

I'm running 9.2.0.8 on AIX.

TIA! Jeremy

This e-mail, including attachments, may include confidential and/or proprietary information, and may be used only by the person or entity to which it is addressed. If the reader of this e-mail is not the intended recipient or his or her authorized agent, the reader is hereby notified that any dissemination, distribution or copying of this e-mail is prohibited. If you have received this e-mail in error, please notify the sender by replying to this message and delete this e-mail immediately.

http://www.freelists.org/webpage/oracle-l Received on Mon Aug 01 2011 - 10:44:18 CDT

Original text of this message