RE: session timeout on metalink

From: Taylor, Chris David <ChrisDavid.Taylor_at_ingrambarge.com>
Date: Mon, 1 Aug 2011 09:08:08 -0500

I almost always (try to always) right click on a link in MOS and do "Open link in new window". (But I also tend to do that on any pages with a lot of links I want to hit!)

Chris Taylor
Sr. Oracle DBA
Ingram Barge Company
Nashville, TN 37205
Office: 615-517-3355
Cell: 615-663-1673
Email: chris.taylor_at_ingrambarge.com<mailto:chris.taylor_at_ingrambarge.com>

CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE: This e-mail and any attachments are confidential and may also be privileged. If you are not the named recipient, please notify the sender immediately and delete the contents of this message without disclosing the contents to anyone, using them for any purpose, or storing or copying the information on any medium.

From: oracle-l-bounce_at_freelists.org [mailto:oracle-l-bounce_at_freelists.org] On Behalf Of Joel.Patterson_at_crowley.com Sent: Monday, August 01, 2011 9:05 AM
To: deryaoktay_at_gmail.com; remigiusz.sokolowski_at_nordea.com Cc: oracle-l_at_freelists.org
Subject: RE: session timeout on metalink

Yes, before I chance opening a link. I copy the URL and open another tab. Normally I can log in without signing in again. I paste the URL in the new session and hit enter. Now I can open the link from either tab (a form of bread crumb).

If I want to keep a subsequent page as well, then I repeat the process.

(I already have to many favorites).

Joel Patterson
Database Administrator
904 727-2546

From: oracle-l-bounce_at_freelists.org [mailto:oracle-l-bounce_at_freelists.org] On Behalf Of Derya Oktay Sent: Monday, August 01, 2011 4:14 AM
To: remigiusz.sokolowski_at_nordea.com
Cc: oracle-l

Hi,

Also it is inevitable to reach your original opened page in the MOS after login. You must always add to favorites, save web pages, in order to continue to work.

In other words, like Hansel&Gratel: you need to leave a trail of bread crumbs for yourself to go back to your original page:)

BR,

Derya
On Wed, Jul 20, 2011 at 10:38 AM, Remigiusz Sokolowski <remigiusz.sokolowski_at_nordea.com<mailto:remigiusz.sokolowski_at_nordea.com>> wrote: hi,
I wonder do You experience such behavior of metalink as follows:

When I leave metalink without logout and the next day try to login I have got the message below (even despite the fact I provide credentials)

Session Timeout

The Session has timed out. You will be signed out in 7 seconds. Session timeout happens when you do not interact with the application for over 60 minutes.
If you are not signed out automatically within 7 seconds Click here to sign out manually.

Conclusion is I must login again. This seems to me strange when I provide credentials - I would expect rather that I 'll be login to another session if the existing one is expired without notifying me as this is the only option.

Or may be there is something wrong with my side (though not sure how it could be)

Regards
Remigiusz

--

Pole nakazi

Remigiusz Sokolowski <remigiusz.sokolowski_at_nordea.com<mailto:remigiusz.sokolowski_at_nordea.com>>
pos   : DBA at DIiUSI
addr  : Nordea Bank Polska SA, Luzycka 6A Street, 81-537 Gdynia, Poland
phone : +48 58 667 17 43
mobile: +48 602 42 42 77

Nordea Bank Polska S.A. z siedzibą w Gdyni, ul. Kielecka 2, 81-303 Gdynia, wpisaną do Rejestru Przedsiębiorców Krajowego Rejestru Sądowego pod numerem: 0000021828, dla której dokumentację przechowuje Sąd Rejonowy Gdańsk - Północ w Gdańsku, VIII Wydział Gospodarczy Krajowego Rejestru Sądowego, o kapitale zakładowym i wpłaconym w wysokości: 277.493.500,00 złotych, NIP: 586-000-78-20, REGON: 190024711--

http://www.freelists.org/webpage/oracle-l Received on Mon Aug 01 2011 - 09:08:08 CDT

Original text of this message