RE: Operational Excellence - True or False? (Feel free to explain if so inclined)

From: Lange, Kevin G <kevin.lange_at_ppoone.com>
Date: Thu, 28 Jul 2011 14:00:09 -0500

I would say Both True and False. By that I mean that , Yes, you need trining in both forms of technology, but I see no reason why the same person can not be the one who has both formst of training if they are good enough.

From: oracle-l-bounce_at_freelists.org
[mailto:oracle-l-bounce_at_freelists.org] On Behalf Of Taylor, Chris David Sent: Thursday, July 28, 2011 1:47 PM
To: 'oracle-l_at_freelists.org'
Subject: Operational Excellence - True or False? (Feel free to explain if so inclined)

I just want to get an idea of where some of you fall on this statement...

Truth Statement:

Due to the differences in Oracle and Microsoft database products, an individual person cannot provide operational excellence in both products with regard to the management of large enterprise data stores.

(That is, to achieve operational excellence in regard to enterprise data management of large data stores managed by both Oracle and SQL Server, you need individuals who specialize in each technology).

--Chris

This e-mail, including attachments, may include confidential and/or proprietary information, and may be used only by the person or entity to which it is addressed. If the reader of this e-mail is not the intended recipient or his or her authorized agent, the reader is hereby notified that any dissemination, distribution or copying of this e-mail is prohibited. If you have received this e-mail in error, please notify the sender by replying to this message and delete this e-mail immediately.

--

http://www.freelists.org/webpage/oracle-l Received on Thu Jul 28 2011 - 14:00:09 CDT

Original text of this message