RE: all time worst question I have been ever asked as a DBA

From: Amaral, Rui <Rui.Amaral_at_tdsecurities.com>
Date: Wed, 27 Jul 2011 12:10:59 -0400

Or:

We don't need to backup the database. We can rebuild our 3 terabyte db with our text files!

From: oracle-l-bounce_at_freelists.org [mailto:oracle-l-bounce_at_freelists.org] On Behalf Of Nilo Segura Sent: Wednesday, July 27, 2011 12:08 PM
To: kevin.lidh_at_gmail.com
Cc: oracle-l_at_freelists.org
Subject: Re: all time worst question I have been ever asked as a DBA

I got a phone call from somebody who could not print a document, he did it because in the login banner there was a message saying something like "call this number for oracle database problems".

printer problems = oracle database problems (a well known axiom...)

yeah... right :)
On Wed, Jul 27, 2011 at 5:40 PM, Kevin Lidh <kevin.lidh_at_gmail.com<mailto:kevin.lidh_at_gmail.com>> wrote: A good friend of mine used to say, "If it has a 'D' in it, it's a database issue." When I was an DEC Rdb DBA, I used to get paged for issues even whey they had determined it didn't touch a database...just in case it was a database issue.

NOTICE: Confidential message which may be privileged. Unauthorized use/disclosure prohibited. If received in error, please go to www.td.com/legal for instructions. AVIS : Message confidentiel dont le contenu peut être privilégié. Utilisation/divulgation interdites sans permission. Si reçu par erreur, prière d'aller au www.td.com/francais/avis_juridique pour des instructions.