RE: all time worst question I have been ever asked as a DBA

From: Marco Gralike <Marco.Gralike_at_amis.nl>
Date: Wed, 27 Jul 2011 16:57:03 +0200

Be happy that he asked. Sometimes they just delete log files because they need the space.

Van: oracle-l-bounce_at_freelists.org [oracle-l-bounce_at_freelists.org] namens Andrew Kerber [andrew.kerber_at_gmail.com] Verzonden: dinsdag 26 juli 2011 21:38
Aan: ORACLE-L
Onderwerp: all time worst question I have been ever asked as a DBA

So, I am getting this error on one of our virtual Linux servers:

ORA-00210: cannot open the specified control file
ORA-00202: control file: '/u01/app/oracle/datafiles/devdb/control01.ctl'
ORA-27086: unable to lock file - already in use

Its probably due to a stale NFS lock. The question from my sys admin:

-rw-r----- 1 oracle oinstall 10076160 Jul 22 13:33 control01.ctl

can that file just be removed

Ok, I am a little frustrated with him...

--

Andrew W. Kerber

http://www.freelists.org/webpage/oracle-l Received on Wed Jul 27 2011 - 09:57:03 CDT

Original text of this message