Re: Best storage for snapshot controlfile on RAC

From: Yong Huang <>
Date: Thu, 21 Jul 2011 09:25:44 -0700 (PDT)

Thanks, Adric. I figured that was the easiest. I was afraid it was not supported even if it appears to work. I opened an SR and finally the analyst suggested the same. We put it in ASM today and will see if we still get intermittent ORA-245 (control file backup operation failed). How long ago did you put your snapshot controlfile in ASM? You never had the error ever since?

Yong Huang