Re: Oracle Database in Embedded Environments

From: Igor Neyman <igor.neyman_at_gmail.com>
Date: Fri, 15 Jul 2011 11:45:42 -0400

Some points from my experience:
  • "Embedded" does not exclude sqlplus;
  • Your client does not have any "direct" (e.g. through sqlplus) access to the database, other than through your application;
  • You ("Seller" company) bear full responsibility for database "well-being", your client's DBAs (servicing Client's "other" databases) do not touch your embedded database; that means you try to "automate" maintenance/monitoring procedures (backups, etc...) as much as possible; also means that "remote access" from "Seller" company to "embedded" database becomes absolute necessity.

Regards,
Igor Neyman