Oracle Database in Embedded Environments

From: marco pb <marcopb_at_gmail.com>
Date: Fri, 15 Jul 2011 15:07:41 +0200

It's my first post on oracle-l even if I follow you since two years by RSS :) and I'd like to say hello to all of you.

I'm gathering informations about Oracle database embedded solutions and I started reading this link
http://www.oracle.com/technetwork/topics/embedded/whatsnew/index.html

I know that to sell Oracle database in embedded environments you have to be an Oracle partner and certified to be able to deploy your application with it.
The problem is: our account manager "heard" that an embedded oracle database is provided to the customer as is (into the appliance) and it's not possible to manage it by a dba because for example sqlplus is even not installed.

Then I read also this pdf
http://www.oracle.com/us/technologies/11g-embedded-whitepaper-166560.pdf

In my opinion it consists just in a silent but "complete" installation where if you are able to conveniently configure and use the database into the appliance no administrative in-house intervention is required... otherwise the seller (my company in this case) have to solve the problem with their own dba.

What is your experience about it ?

Regards,
Marco