Re: ASM or not to ASM

From: <troach_at_gmail.com>
Date: Wed, 13 Jul 2011 09:59:37 +0000

I actually prefer to use ASM for many reasons. Even in non-rac environments. Maybe I just feel that way because I have experience with it? Have I hit a bug or two? Yeah, but I have never lost any data. Oracle provided a patch and I was back in business. The benefits far outweigh the risks in my opinion.

Just my 2 cents.

From: Nuno Souto <dbvision_at_iinet.net.au> Sender: oracle-l-bounce_at_freelists.org
Date: Wed, 13 Jul 2011 19:51:02
To: <oracle-l_at_freelists.org>
Subject: Re: ASM or not to ASM

Lange, Kevin G wrote,on my timestamp of 13/07/2011 12:53 AM:

> Context depends on where you are speaking from..... Certain things you

I believe we were talking about the OP, his situation and his question. That is the context, regardless of the location we look at it from. Unless we want to consider Powerpoint a universal context in which case yes, we should use ASM with Oracle, MSSQL, Outlook, Access, Lotus, etcetc. What the heck for, will remain something outside the presentation... ;-)

--
Cheers
Nuno Souto

†Ûiÿü0ÁúÞzX¬¶Ê+ƒün– {ú+iÉ^ Received on Wed Jul 13 2011 - 04:59:37 CDT

Original text of this message