Re: upgrade from 10.2.0.1 to 10.2.0.2 gives 100s of invalid objects

From: Subodh Deshpande <deshpande.subodh_at_gmail.com>
Date: Tue, 12 Jul 2011 16:50:01 +0530

If sys has got invalid object then do not ignore. If any other product owner has invalid object and those products are used then do not ignore. Once you pass this ans if you have not found any issues in uat then you can release the syatem to users

On 12 Jul 2011 16:38, "Howard Latham" <howard.latham_at_gmail.com> wrote:

Platform Redhat Linux

3 Databases on 1 box 2 dbs upgraded ok the other one very old - was once v7 has hundreds of invalid objects
and status of server component invalid.

Can't downgrade as the other 2 are ok.

I have logged an SR and we have tried uninstalling and reinstalling components,

Ideas seem to have run out.

I wonder wherher the 'inavalidity' Matters if all the queries we do work ok.

I also wonder whether I should just go ahead and upgrade to 11 which was why we started upgrade in first place.

This DB is 500gigs of data.

Thoughts ?

--

Howard A. Latham