Re: Slightly-OT: Throw HW at a SW/DB problem

From: Kevin Closson <>
Date: Mon, 11 Jul 2011 13:02:11 -0700 (PDT)

yep...I was.

From: Nuno Souto <> To:
Sent: Wed, June 29, 2011 2:50:25 AM
Subject: Re: Slightly-OT: Throw HW at a SW/DB problem

Tim Hall wrote,on my timestamp of 29/06/2011 7:02 PM:

> how many units you sell. History is written by the winners. :)

or alternatively, history is ignored:

(scroll down to the 2 "no moore" posts.
Written and published *long* before Exadata was announced. Mind you: Kevin and I were blogging a lot on the whole subject of I/O and its limits with current technology. I think he might have actually hinted at what was coming. Interesting times, back then.)

BTW: will you be able to visit our SydneyOracle meetup group in August during your stay for the Insync gig? This time we promise to not lock away the projector *just before* you walk in!...
Trying to get Tom Kyte as well, if he's available. The more, the merrier!