Fwd: anyone ran into ORA-00752 on dataguard node with ASM/11.1.0.7 Linux?

From: Zhu,Chao <zhuchao_at_gmail.com>
Date: Thu, 7 Jul 2011 23:45:15 +0800

some offline-discussion with the DL member, keep others updated; and removed some might confidential info;

in our case with oracle , SR support guy thought might be related to the ASM rebalance bug; and my point is:
They should not be related to ASm rebalance; We are on local disk(DL380G7 with 16 disks/8 raid1 diskset); So there should no such rebalance work going on;
And the corruption happens often: somtime once/twice a day, sometime once a week;
We have been fighting with it for 2 months and i decided to upgrade it to 11.2.0.2 for a try;
We are on a some-how weird combination: 11.2.0.2 ASM + 11.1.0.7.4 for RDBMS; (Assuming 11.2.0.2 ASM will be more stable/bug-free than the 11.1.ASM, now wondering whether this is a good idea);

Also regarding the primary itself is corrupted: your analysis is very detailed and convincing, but missing one point: if it is indeed missing write in primary, then the primary database is already corrupted(some datafile);
We already did bounce once or twice, nothing reported;

Also, when we saw such corruption, we refrsh that corrupted datafile from primary to standby: and everything works fine: dbv/fts/analyze cascade(to be done, i forgot about that);
If primary is indeed corrupted, standby wont recover either after refresh standby from primary(can someone confirm?), and the only solution would be, as you mentioned, to failover to a clean/consistent copy;

So, my conclusion is oracle is doing some funky work(or the primary database host);
What we have done:
1. suspect it is ASM bug with redo, so moved redo log in primary out of ASM disks; --still fail;

2. also move standby redo out of ASM disk, fails;
3. also moved our a whole standby out of ASM to EXT3, also fails;
4. set lost_write_protect to false, still cant recovery through;

Also, primary dbv/fts has been clean before/after the standby issue, and even through bounce(if it is indeed lost write, a bounce will make the problem obvious in primary as well)?

Thanks for your detailed analysis!

--
Regards
Zhu Chao