Oracle RAC DRM - What is PREVIOUS_MASTER '32767'?

From: PD Malik <pdthedba_at_gmail.com>
Date: Tue, 5 Jul 2011 10:38:43 +0100

Hello,

What does the the number 32767 denote in v$gcspfmaster_info & v$hvmaster_info please? I can see the other numbers denote each of my RAC instances in a 5 node RAC but what is 32767?

SQL> select previous_master, count(*) from v$gcspfmaster_info   2 group by previous_master;
PREVIOUS_MASTER COUNT(*)
--------------- ----------

              0          6
              1          9
              2         19
              3         10
              5          7
          32767        390

6 rows selected.
SQL> select previous_master, count(*) from v$hvmaster_info   2 group by previous_master;
PREVIOUS_MASTER COUNT(*)

          32767 128

 The only thing that I can think of is that this number somehow must denote when an object(or its certain blocks) are not mastered by any of of the instances but in that case why would it be in these views at all? Or may be does it tell that an object that was mastered by an instance at some point but not anymore by that instance or any other instance hence the previous master was 32767?

Cant think of anything concrete so if someone an please help will be good with some good reference articles to read about it as well please?

Thanks.