RE: Slightly-OT: Throw HW at a SW/DB problem

From: Michael Dinh <mdinh_at_XIFIN.Com>
Date: Fri, 1 Jul 2011 06:21:58 -0700

Throwing hardware at the problem, may not be the correct solution, just the easy solution.

I was questioned on the hours and engineering efforts to change the application, and depreciation of capital assets.

You can lead a horse to water, but you cannot force it to drink.

How many of you have horses that don't drink?

From: oracle-l-bounce_at_freelists.org [oracle-l-bounce_at_freelists.org] On Behalf Of Robert Freeman [robertgfreeman_at_yahoo.com] Sent: Thursday, June 30, 2011 10:57 PM
To: mcdonald.connor_at_gmail.com; oracle-l_at_freelists.org Subject: Re: Slightly-OT: Throw HW at a SW/DB problem

Of course there is the other problem of throwing hardware at a problem.....

It's heavy and hurts like hell when your hit with it.

RF

Robert G. Freeman
Master Principal Consultant, Oracle Corporation, Oracle ACE Author of various books on RMAN, New Features and this shorter signature line. Blog: http://robertgfreeman.blogspot.com