Re: mirroring database storage

From: Connor McDonald <mcdonald.connor_at_gmail.com>
Date: Fri, 1 Jul 2011 15:19:22 +0800

On Sat, Jun 25, 2011 at 12:05 AM, David Robillard <david.robillard_at_gmail.com
> wrote:

We have DataGuard running at various levels of apply delay to handle logical corruption, and cross-site storage level mirroring (NetApp Metro-cluster) for site disaster handling.

Both have been very useful tools - no we haven't had a site disaster :-) but the ability to (easily) run services from a different site has been great to handle things like network comms and/or power maintenance outages on one site or the other.

(We run a stretch cluster on direct NFS)

hth
Connor

--
Connor McDonald

"Semper in excremento, sole profundum qui variat"