RE: Materialized view refresh problem

From: Robin Moffatt <Robin.Moffatt_at_morrisonsplc.co.uk>
Date: Thu, 30 Jun 2011 10:17:44 +0100

I'd guess that it's around atomic_refresh too If you run a 10979 trace, you should see something like "NON ATOMIC REFRESH" in the trace, along with a lot more useful info around how and why it refreshes how it does.

--

Robin Moffatt
http://rnm1978.wordpress.com

From: oracle-l-bounce_at_freelists.org [mailto:oracle-l-bounce_at_freelists.org] On Behalf Of Dominic.Brooks_at_barclayscapital.com Sent: 30 June 2011 09:21
To: wissem_at_oracle-great.com; oracle-l_at_freelists.org Subject: RE: Materialized view refresh problem

I've not tested this.
Just a guess.

When defining the program argument, the argument_type of ATOMIC_REFRESH is BOOLEAN not VARCHAR2.. But you can't define a Boolean as an argument type as a Boolean can't be stored in the relevant job metadata table. So, you may need a wrapper to translate your "Boolean" string to the desired Boolean.

Cheers,
Dominic

This e-mail may contain information that is confidential, privileged or otherwise protected from disclosure. If you are not an intended recipient of this e-mail, do not duplicate or redistribute it by any means. Please delete it and any attachments and notify the sender that you have received it in error. Unless specifically indicated, this e-mail is not an offer to buy or sell or a solicitation to buy or sell any securities, investment products or other financial product or service, an official confirmation of any transaction, or an official statement of Barclays. Any views or opinions presented are solely those of the author and do not necessarily represent those of Barclays. This e-mail is subject to terms available at the following link: www.barcap.com/emaildisclaimer<http://www.barcap.com/emaildisclaimer>. By messaging with Barclays you consent to the foregoing. Barclays Capital is the investment banking division of Barclays Bank PLC, a company registered in England (number 1026167) with its registered office at 1 Churchill Place, London, E14 5HP. This email may relate to or be sent from other members of the Barclays Group.

Wm Morrison Supermarkets Plc is registered in England with number 358949. The registered office of the company is situated at Gain Lane, Bradford, West Yorkshire BD3 7DL. This email and any attachments are intended for the addressee(s) only and may be confidential.

If you are not the intended recipient, please inform the sender by replying to the email that you have received in error and then destroy the email. If you are not the intended recipient, you must not use, disclose, copy or rely on the email or its attachments in any way.

This email does not constitute a contract in writing for the purposes of the Law of Property (Miscellaneous Provisions) Act 1989.

Our Standard Terms and Conditions of Purchase, as may be amended from time to time, apply to any contract that we enter into. The current version of our Standard Terms and Conditions of Purchase is available at: http://www.morrisons.co.uk/gscop

Although we have taken steps to ensure the email and its attachments are virus-free, we cannot guarantee this or accept any responsibility, and it is the responsibility of recipients to carry out their own virus checks.

--

http://www.freelists.org/webpage/oracle-l Received on Thu Jun 30 2011 - 04:17:44 CDT

Original text of this message