Re: Question about the APEX Admin account.

From: Guillermo Alan Bort <cicciuxdba_at_gmail.com>
Date: Wed, 29 Jun 2011 15:32:50 -0300

There are two things to keep in mind.

the apex 'ADMIN' account is an app level account, so it has power over apex and thus can only affec applications. Developers should be vetted and applications should be reviewed.

As Rich mentioned the FLOWS_**** accounts are very powerful and locked and they should be kept locked. The main security concern on the database level is that someone might create an object through apex developer interface or that someone may inject an application and modify data they are not supposed to. This comes down to good application design and the risks are reduced by only deploying the runtime on productive environments. (and the full development on dev, of course).+

hth
Alan.-