Re: Is a RDBMS needed?

From: Guillermo Alan Bort <cicciuxdba_at_gmail.com>
Date: Wed, 29 Jun 2011 11:13:20 -0300

hey, I want to get paid 500$ a day... where do I sign up? is that for consulting or for regular dba job? I can code pretty decent pl/sql as well :-P

anyway, slightly moving this farther off topic, does anyone here know anything about object oriented databases? I'm interesting in Gemstone in particular. What are they, what are the differences and what are they used for? How do they store data? what are the differences with multidimensional databases?

I had a java developer who hates rdbms telling me that RDBMS were dead (what a surprise) and that the future of persitence was in nosql and that nonsense.

cheers
Alan.-